YOU CAN SAVE AN EMERGENCY BY AN EMERGENCY
Hey this emergency is not something related to emergency rooms or operation- theatre. It is related to contraception.
- Emergency contraception is the method of preventing pregnancy after the act of intercourse.
- Various methods available for the same are….morning after pill, Cu-T.
- Cu-T can be inserted within 5 days of act and pills can be taken within 72 hours i.e.3 days, but for Cu-T insertion you need to visit doctor or health worker, so emergency oral contraceptive pill is fine.
- Most effective if taken within 12 hours of act(Golden period),and its effective if taken within 72 hours ,but if 72 hours have passed, even then you can have it till 5 days, though efficacy will be reduced.
- If you are having regular periods, pills or Cu-T are effective if you had sex in first half of your cycle as they inhibit ovulation.
- Failure can be there if you take them in your second half. So girls be careful.
- Who needs emergency contraception: Any woman of reproductive age group may need emergency contraception at some point of her life.
- As no drug is free from side-effects and contraindications, so is the emergency contraception. It may lead to menstrual irregularities and ectopic pregnancy too. People with migraine or liver disorders take them carefully.
- So guys enjoy your life, but be careful. Let emergency be emergency, don’t use it regularly for contraception purpose……..