Healthy Mother Leads To Healthy Baby
Motherhood comes with responsibilities. Pregnancy is quite demanding. You need to prepare yourself mentally and physically for all the changes taking place in mind, body and environment. It is very challenging for all the would be mothers especially the working women. So would be mothers, here are some suggestions for you:
- Have regular antenatal check-ups as suggested by your treating obstetrician.
- Eat well…..It’s not the time to experiment or diet. You stick to your normal diet, not the diet for two norm.
- Watch your tea or coffee intake as excessive intake may lead to abortion, low birth weight, stomach upset.
- Avoid raw meat, raw eggs, edibles with raw eggs like mayonnaise, ajinomoto, soft cheese, fish and unpasteurized milk as they may be contaminated with microorganisms and in case of fish with pollutants.
- Have sufficient amount of omega-3 fatty acids found in flaxseeds(til), soyabeans, walnuts (akhrot) and olive oil.
- Drink 3 -4 glasses of milk per day. It will provide you the required calcium.
- Take your daily supplements….Folic acid in first three months , iron and calcium in next six months.
- Don’t self medicate at any cost especially first three months as this is the period for your child’s organ development. Self medication may harm your child’s development.
- Exercise right and under guidance. If guidance is not possible,then please- please don’t do strenuous exercises or jogging. Just do your daily walk, breathing exercises.
- And most important, sleep well. Don’t adopt bed rest until advised by your treating obstetrician.Try to sleep on your side rather than straight on your back.
- Avoid travelling in first and last 3 months, if not possible to avoid then train is better than bus.
Wishing you a happy pregnancy and motherhood.